I received an advanced reader copy of this book in exchange for a review.
Written by a veteran mother of nine still up to her eyeballs in mud pies and mayhem, The Guilt-Free Guidebook for Moms is sure to keep you tickled, tearing up and turning pages as you learn how to break free of the chokehold of an endless To-Do list, so you can finally enjoy the beauty that is all around you.
Brimming with baby steps, The Guilt-Free Guidebook for Moms will help you:
- Eliminate guilt and perfectionism
- Identify the “Superwoman Burnout” cycle that keeps you trapped in monotony
- Escape the “Compare Snare” to shine in your own light
- Finally and fully embrace the Joy cradled in your arms and in your heart.
As a mother of two kids, I was very intrigued by the title and hopeful. Being a Mom, I often feel guilty, anxious, whatever you want to call it, when I have a few moments to myself. I learned quickly in the introduction that in the book, the author draws on personal experience as well as religious text. As a religious person, I have no problem with this.
Top likes about this book:
- The sections end with thought provoking questions and an action to help. A journal section is also included to help with this process.
- The sections were quick easy reads that I could squeeze into my day. Even if I only had a couple minutes.
- Even disagreeing with a few points, I do feel less guilty now compared to how I felt beforehand.
- I feel the book has a very specific religious mom audience.
Overall if you are Christian and a parent suffering from guilt I would recommend this book.
You can purchase it at:
- In Australia!! – http://www.booktopia.com.au/ebooks/the-guilt-free-guidebook-for-moms-amy-price/prod9780981761992.html